Friday, January 26, 2018

I Want To, But I Shouldn't - A Love Poem Attempt

I made this in July of 2016, because I wanted to express my feelings without talking to anyone. This is for a man whom I secretly in-love with for years.

People say I am transparent, I can't hide my feelings. Somehow it is true, but there are times that it's best not to admit.

I have tried to forget, so many times. But even when I don't see or talk to him as often as before, my heart and my mind still longs for him.

No one in our circle will know straight from me.

Until he allows me.

To my Grover, this is for you.



It would be nice if.. if.. I can bring you food
Or your favorite dessert
But I shouldn't even if I could

I would love to sing a song especially for you
Or maybe let you know of a song that reminded me of you
But I shouldn't even when I've almost done it

I would like to spend weekends with you
Maybe watch a nice movie, or have dinner for two
But I shouldn't even if I know that you've just at home

I would want to make you feel special
Look after your well-being, take care of you
But I shouldn't even if I know that no one's doing that for you now

Do you know why I want to do these?

Because you make me smile and laugh
You never left my side when I needed someone to lean on
You've known me enough but still held on
Because I can be dumb and crazy when I'm with you
And you would be crazier
And most of all, you make me feel so special

And why I shouldn't?

Because I am just a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Love Letter You Will Never Read

It’s been eight years. I can’t believe we were able to survive Christmas and New Year celebrations without you. It’s been pretty tough, and ...