Sunday, March 29, 2009

Forgiving but not Forgetting

Most people say that he forgives someone but will never forget what happened. I also thought of this before... but heck! What will I benefit from not letting everything go?

I attended a retreat for single members of VCF Davao and Pastor Jeremy prayed for me and just like what I've said to Chona and Que, "swak na swak!" I was in a struggle of forgiving and forgetting everything... until his prayer. The exact words were - let go of the passions of the past... and i just cried... very powerful.

The Lord gave me now the spirit to forgive and forget... but of course to bring the lessons from the experience. I might slide a bit but with God's grace I'll be able to be more mature as a Christian and more devoted to my walk with Him.

I just pray that those people who can't let go of their past encounters with me also forgets everything... besides, you can never walk fast if you have so much load to carry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Love Letter You Will Never Read

It’s been eight years. I can’t believe we were able to survive Christmas and New Year celebrations without you. It’s been pretty tough, and ...